Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego®? Junior Edition
To be the first to catch Carmen Sandiego four times.
ACME Detective Cards
Game Board with spinner
1. Assemble the spinner. From the backside of the game board (the black side), push the circular base through the hole. From the front of the game board, snap the arrow into the base.
2. Separate the landmark cards from the ACME detective cards.
3. Place the landmark cards face down (so the Carmen Sandiego side is showing) in a pile.
4. Each player chooses an ACME detective card, he or she will be that detective during the game.
5. Deal 3 landmark cards to each player.
6. Players look at their cards and place all 3 cards face down in front of them.
7. Players place all pawns on the state they are in while playing the game. (e.g. If you are in Ohio, place all pawns in Ohio.)
PLAYING THE GAME:
1. The youngest player goes first by spinning the spinner and moving his or her pawn the number of spaces shown on the spinner.
2. Each state counts as one space, except for the New England States (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. Because these states are small, each cluster counts as one space.
LANDING ON YOUR LANDMARK CARD STATE:
1. When a player lands on a state that matches his or her card, that player turns over the card to show the other players.
2. The player then picks a new card from the top of the deck. (Players will always have 3 cards face down.)
3. Players need to visit 4 states that match the cards they have.
WINNING THE GAME:
The first player to land on 4 states that match his or her cars wins.